Deuteronomy 20:19-20

Topics: General

• Image for sermon Preserve Trees that Give Life

Sermon

This Sermon has a
related Background:

Get this and all media free with a PreachIt membership.

The tree of the field is man's life. This obscure little law in Deuteronomy holds great significance to the issue of the Christian life of today. It's a law that ensured care be given to the means by which food might be obtained by a city.

Other sermons you might like

Image for sermon You And Paul In The Lions' Den

You And Paul In The Lions' Den

Daniel 6:1-28
Topic: General
The title for this message will become clearer as we proceed today! I referred to the Apostle Paul, and read the account of Daniel. But all of this is to help YOU today, in living the kind of life that you want to live and that God wants you to live for Him. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon A New Beginning

A New Beginning

John 8:1-11
I want to preach to three different types of people today. The first are those who can say “Yes I have done everything I could this year for God”. I lived for God the best I could. The second are those that can say there are some areas that I did well and then there are some areas in my walk with God that did not go so well.Thirdly are those that did not do well at all in their walk with God. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What's the Time?

What's the Time?

Galatians 6:7-7
Topics: General Stewardship Spiritual Growth
We need to decide what to do with the time that is given to us. We need to awaken ourselves to truth and make the mark that God intended for us to on this earth. We need to listen to the voice of God and allow Him to guide us on our walk-through life. We need to be faithful to God and His church! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Power of Kindness!

The Power of Kindness!

Galatians 5:22-23
Topics: General Encouragement Love
As people begin to become more generous with others, they discover, for themselves, the power of kindness. When kindness is expressed, healthy relationships are created, community connections are nourished, and people are inspired to follow suit. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Up, Down, And Out

Up, Down, And Out

Mark 16:15-15
Topics: General Encouragement The Church
These three adverbs have great significance to the Church as far as its mission and mandate are concerned. There is a link between these three; Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Church. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Can You Afford to Be Slothful?

Can You Afford to Be Slothful?

Proverbs 24:30-34
Topics: General Encouragement
We cannot let ourselves become “busybodies.” We must take care of our responsibilities! Believe it or not, this is one of the many ways a Christian can witness to people. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Redeeming A Fatherless Generation

Redeeming A Fatherless Generation

Malachi 1:2-2
Topics: General Encouragement
We don’t know how to receive love because of the rejection that happened in our lives. People don’t trust one another because of the hurts and abuse they had faced. So when God tries to love us we lack the faith to believe Him completely. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Carpenter

The Carpenter

Mark 6:2-3
Topics: General Encouragement Spiritual Growth
Today, Jesus is building you, me, and every Christian. We are in his hands and under construction at all times and his plan is to make us more like him. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon How to Be a Good Steward of Your Influence

How to Be a Good Steward of Your Influence

Philippians 4:8-9
Topics: General Encouragement Spiritual Growth Our Witness
We need to understand that everything we have is a gift from God; our health, our life, our salvation, our freedom, our friends, our family, our opportunities. God expects you to make the most of the things He gives you. The word for that in the bible is called “stewardship.” [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Partnership with Deity

Partnership with Deity

Matthew 27:32-32
Topics: General Spiritual Growth Getting To Know Him
A lot of people have a misconception of who Jesus Christ really was. They feel that he was just a ‘man,’ but due to His divine nature could do anything he wanted without the pain and struggle we would experience if we tried to do the same thing. This isn’t true, Jesus definitely had limitations in his flesh. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Incognito

Incognito

1 Corinthians 2:6-8
Topics: General Getting To Know Him
God has a plan and he doesn’t need anyone’s counsel concerning it. His plan is perfect and the details of it are to be revealed as time takes its course. All that God requires is obedient followers to go out and do as he tells them to. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Rich Get Richer

The Rich Get Richer

Genesis 45:25-28
Topics: General Faith
Faith is a spiritual muscle; if you do not use it, you will lose your strength. When you try to do things you haven’t prepared for, problems arise. Not from the lack of ability or faith, but rather from lack of strength to move what you need to. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What is Pentecost?

What is Pentecost?

Acts 2:1-4
The receiving of the Holy ghost starts the Experience in your life, of not just religion, but rather God living on the inside of you 24/7. Only by tasting of the Lord can we tell if he is good! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Some Assembly Required

Some Assembly Required

Acts 2:41-47
Topics: General Spiritual Growth Holiness Faith The Church Doctrine
The four essential ingredients to establishing and growing a church: Doctrine, Community, Fellowship, and Spirituality. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Mastering Your Money

Mastering Your Money

Luke 16:1-13
Topics: General Stewardship Getting To Know Him
Many people in this world have enough wisdom to understand how to get temporal wealth while at the same time, many, if not most of God’s children, who have spiritual light, are not wise enough to have spiritual wealth. Why? Because they don’t manage the secondary wealth correctly so God can’t entrust them with true wealth. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon What We Need Is The Real Thing

What We Need Is The Real Thing

Galatians 1:6-9
People can tell you that a replacement is just as good, but inside your soul is saying, I NEED THE REAL THING! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon The Tree Of Life

The Tree Of Life

Hebrews 12:2-4
The Bible is one large orchestration of a beautiful picture from cover to cover. Most people see it as disjointed rules. A boring set of what to do and what not to do. But it's a wonder to be sure! [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Mind Your Own Business

Mind Your Own Business

Nehemiah 8:1-3
Don’t grieve over the past – GO YOUR WAY. Do what you SHOULD be doing. Eat, drink and have God’s joy. I want to preach to you about what God’s word means when it says to eat and drink and rejoice. [ read more... ]

Image for sermon Smell Of Fresh Bread

Smell Of Fresh Bread

Exodus 25:30-30
For us there is provided for us a new loaf of bread that is Jesus Christ. [ read more... ]

Name and Email are required to proceed.

Already a PreachIt.org Member?
Username or Password was incorrect.
Please try again.
Username or Password was incorrect. Please try again.